(Last modified: 3 months ago)
- For it is the day of YaHuWaH's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
- "A noise shall come even to the ends of the Earth; for YaHuWaH hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith YaHuWaH."
- "Hear the word of YaHuWaH, ye children of Yisra'el: for YaHuWaH hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of Elohiym in the land."
- " YaHuWaH hath also a controversy with Yahuwdah,and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him."
- "Hear ye, O mountains, YaHuWaH's controversy, and ye strong foundations of the Earth: for YaHuWaH hath a controversy with his people, and he will plead with Yisra'el."
The Great Controversy
The Great Controversy Between YaHuWshuaH and Satan!
An Overview of “The Second Major Line of Prophecy”
Revelation Chapters 12-22
“The First Major Line of Prophecy” in Revelation 1-11 (from the first Advent to the Second Advent) covered only about 2000 years, but “The Second Major Line of Prophecy” in Revelation 12-22 covers more than 7000 years, stretching from Lucifer's rebellion in heaven to his final destruction; the creation of new heavens and a new Earth, and the establishment of the kingdom of Elohiym here on Earth. However, the six “Interludes” that describe the sealing, the witnessing, and the vindication of the 144,000 are the same in both Major Lines of prophecy and can be matched together as in an overlay. These matching “Interludes” in both the First and Second Major Lines of prophecy describe the last generation who will be sealed in the image of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach, so that they can go through the Seven Last Plagues unharmed, and live to see YaHuWshuaH coming in the clouds of heaven
Also, in Chapter 15 in “The Second Major Line of Prophecy,” like Chapter 8, in “The First Major Line of Prophecy”, the “Heavenly Scene” describes the Close of Probation. then the following chapter(s) are “Prophetic Outlines” or descriptions of the Seven Last Plagues and Trumpets. “The Second Major Line of Prophecy” in Revelation 12-22 is the story of the Great Controversy between Mashiach and Satan — between good and evil. Most of the action is describing future events. These descriptions are not subject to speculation and private opinions, but are to be viewed as explanations of the basic prophecies brought to view in the book of Daniy'el. The same religeo-political power (empire) or persecutor that is described in Daniy'el, is given further explanation in Revelation 12-22.
Whereas “The First Major Line of Prophecy” in Revelation 1-11 uses Sanctuary typology to illustrate the work of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach on our behalf, “The Second Major Line of Prophecy” in Revelation 12-22 uses symbolism. Not until these symbols are biblically interpreted, and correctly identified, will the texts in Revelation be understood. Only when the Bible is permitted to be its own interpreter, with human theory and assumptions discarded and ejected, will false and bizarre predictions fall away, and one clear picture emerge.
The Great Controversy
Revelation Chapters 12 - 14
Intro Vision | Second Major Line of Prophecy
Revelation 12:1-6 KJV
- And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
- And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
- And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
- And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the Earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
- And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto YaHuWaH, and to his throne.
- And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of YaHuWaH, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Revelation 12 is an introduction to the Second Major Line of Prophecy as noted on “The Structure of Revelation” Chart above. In the fifth “Heavenly Scene” the prophet Yahuwchanon lifted his eyes toward the sky to see a great “wonder in heaven”; revealing a “bird's eye view” of “The Great Controversy” between good and evil - between Christ and Satan. That comprehensive view begins with the rebellion of Satan in heaven; skips over eons of time and leaps forward to the advent of the Messiah. Then it reveals a 1260 year period of persecution [AD 538-1798], and ends with a future persecution ... Revelation 12:17 is the beginning of the “war” against the remnant people of Elohiym by Satan. Almost all the rest of the book of Revelation deals with future events in detail. The events revealed in the First Major Line of Prophecy (Letters to the Churches, Seals and Trumpets) are correlated to the Second Major Line of Prophecy.
Revelation 12 and 13 form one symbolic unit. The symbols pictured in the “Heavenly Scene” continue their Story of endtime events almost to the end of the book. There are pictured five symbols as follows:
- A “woman”
- A Man-child
- A great red dragon with seven heads, ten horns, and seven crowns on his heads.
- A leopard-like beast with seven heads, ten horns, and ten crowns, and
- Another beast with lamb-like horns but speaks like a dragon.
It is imperative to decode these five symbols correctly because they tell the story of endtime events that lead into the final crises and bring the Great Controversy between good and evil to its end. The last half of Revelation cannot be understood until these symbols are interpreted correctly and applied appropriately.
The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan is “the Struggle Between Good and Evil”. It has the war between good and evil. It emanated from Satan's plans to overthrow YaHuWaH (YeshaYahuw 14:12-14), and for destroying the Plan of Salvation. Revelation 12 begins with the “woman” symbol who brings forth the man child “YaHuWshuaH haMashiach”. The “true” woman represents Elohiym's universal church of all ages. Elohiym has used the Church as an avenue to proclaim His gospel to the world.
The Bible decodes the symbols
- “[true] woman”
- Elohiym's people in a universal church of all ages. YirmeYahuw 6:2: I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman. YeshaYahuw 37:22 ...The virgin, the daughter of Zion ...
- “clothed with the sun”
- represents the “Son of Righteousness.” Mal'akiy 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings ...
- “moon under her feet”
- standing on the covenant promises of Elohiym. Psalm 89:34,37 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. It shall be established for ever as the moon...
- “crown of twelve stars”
- represents the twelve tribes of Yisra'el. Genesis 49:28 All these are the twelve tribes of Yisra'el ... twelve apostles of YaHuWshuaH and the early church. MattithYahuw 10:1 ...he had called unto him his twelve disciples ... [apostles] twelve foundations of the city. Revelation 21:14 ...The wall of the city had twelve foundations...
- The Symbolic “Woman”
- Named “Yerushalayim” — Galatians 4:26 ...Yerushalayim...which is above...is the mother of us all. “Yerushalayim, which is above” is the New Yerushalayim where all the nations of the saved shall reside. When we are “born again” we are born of this mother because all the saved of all ages have their baptismal “birth certificates” registered in that Holy City. Therefore, this “woman-mother” is a symbol of the Universal Church of all the ages. It is to be recognized that there were twelve tribes in Yisra'el in the Old Testament Church; and there were twelve apostles in the New Testament church. In the Holy City there are twelve foundations and twelve gates, through which the saved of all ages shall enter. These symbolic numerals reveal the fact that the “woman” symbol represents the entire Universal Church of all the ages.
Psalm 87:4-6 RNKJV:
(4) I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
(5) And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.
(6) YaHuWaH shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there.
To recap the text, we see that the “Twelve” stars in the symbolic “woman's crown”, and the fact that YaHuWshuaH, a Yahuwdiy, transitioned the gospel over to the Natsariym (Christian) Church, reveals the “woman” as the Universal Church of us all — both Yahuwdiym and Gentiles.
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman [the church of Elohiym] clothed with the sun [the righteousness of Christ], and the moon [Elohiym's covenant] under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
The “True Woman” of Revelation is named “Yerushalayim”. Her Title: “Mother of Us All” “Mother of The Man-child YaHuWshuaH” — (YeshaYahuw 9:6) — For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty Elohiym, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Revelation 12:5), "And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto Elohiym, and to his throne".
- Represent seven attempts to gain kingship over a worldwide empire.
- the ten “horns”
- Represent the total number of already ruling kings of the Earth that would be within such an empire. If used figuratively in scripture, the number “ten” implies the total number of some specific entities. MattithYahuw 25:1 exemplifies it: "Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto “ten” virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom...." The number “ten” here, represents all Natsariym (Christians) who aspire to be ready when Christ returns.
The Church stands on the everlasting Covenant, represented by the Moon, "...and the moon was under her feet..." Psalm 89:34,37: My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. It shall be established for ever as the moon... She gives birth to a Covenant ManChild, YaHuWshuaH, "And she brought forth a man-child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron:" As Micah 5:2 declared, “But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Yahuwdah, yet out of thee shall come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Yisra'el, whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.” And it was fulfilled, as MattithYahuw confirmed in MattithYahuw 1:18. “Now the birth of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach was on this wise: ... 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is “Elohiym with us.”
But as soon as YaHuWshuaH was born, Satan moved to destroy Him. "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. ...and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born." Who is the Dragon? Revelation 12:9 “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan ...”. Yes it was Satan who used Herod the King, to attempt the murder of the newborn King of Kings! He failed! Seven times, Satan attempts to make the universe his own! These attempts are represented by the heads of the dragon. Daniy'el 2:37,38 “Thou, O king, art a king of kings...Thou art this head of gold.” See chart above.
YaHuWaH frustrates Satan again. MattithYahuw 2:13 declares, “... the Angel of YaHuWaH appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.”
The text gives us a bit of a background on the antecedence of this 'dragon'. "(4) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the Earth..." The 'stars', are Angels. Revelation 1:20 “The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand...The seven stars are the Angels of the seven Churches ...”. What is his 'tail'? Scripture answers in YeshaYahuw 9:15 RNKJV "(15) ... and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.". Satan uses lies to mislead a third of the Angels and sweeps them out of heaven with himself.
Every effort to destroy YaHuWshuaH was a woeful failure. ... and her child was caught up unto Elohiym, and to his throne. Acts 1:9 “...he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.” Acts 1:11 “...this same YaHuWshuaH, which is taken up from you into heaven ...” Ephesians 4:8-10 “... he...ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fulfill all things. This brings us from the fall of Lucifer from Heaven, to AD 31.
Yahuwchanon Looks To Heaven In Chapter 13,
From Brief Attention to Earth in Chapter 12
(1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
(2) And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Chapter 13 is a continuation of the symbolism in the “Heavenly Scene” in the Fifth Vision of the structure chart for Revelation. This Chapter focuses on the persecutors of Elohiym's people depicting the Seven Major Empires that vex Elohiym's people through history, beginning from the Babylonian Empire (606-538 BC) to the end of time. It also includes a beast with lamb-like horns. Chapter 13 is about the persecutors of Elohiym's people, past, present, and future.
These symbolic “heads” represent the seven great empires that vexed Elohiym's people throughout history, from Daniy'el's day to the end of time. Each head on the beast reigned for one specific dated period. The leopard-like beast then, can wear only one head on at a time, beginning from Daniy'el's day. (606 BC) to the future.
These great beasts...are kings ... [kingdoms or empires] which shall arise...Daniy'el 7:17
In prophetic scripture, the sea or ocean, with its continual movement of waves is symbolic of the restless commotion and conflict between peoples and nations through history. This overturning of Empires is described in the book of Daniy'el and Revelation as beginning in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe — the “Old World.” The final persecutor or “beast” would originate from the “Old World.”
- Daniy'el 2:37, 38 “Thou , O king, art a king of kings: for the Elohiym of heaven hath given thee a kingdom (empire) ...Thou (and thy kingdom or empire) art this head of gold.” Again, a symbolic “head” is consistently representing an empire.
- "ten horns"
MattithYahuw 25:1; Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto “ten” virgins, [all Natsariym (Christians)] which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. In prophetic scripture, the number “ten” used figuratively means “all” of something, or the whole number of something.
Revelation 17:12 “...And the ten horns which thou sawest are ...kings ...”
Daniy'el 7:24 “...the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings ...” Horns used symbolically in prophetic scripture refers to kings or rulers.
- "name of blasphemy"
- Yahuwchanon 10:33 The Yahuwdiym answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself Elohiym [a deity].
The prophet was shown the seven-headed beast with leopard characteristics coming up out of the sea. The leopard symbol in Daniy'el 8 identified the papal power in the posture of the Little Horn [the fifth empire] and the King of Fierce Countenance [the seventh empire] on the seven-headed beast. The leopard characteristic is the stealthy political maneuvering to obtain the daily (the power to rule). Chapter 13 reveals the development of the end-time persecutor.
"Revelation 13:2; And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon [Satan] gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."
Daniy'el 7:4 “The first [beast] was like a lion ... “ (A lion's mouth needs a lion's head.) Daniy'el 7:5 ...“And behold another beast, a second [beast], like to a bear…” (A bear's feet need a bear's head.) Daniy'el 7:6 ...“After this I beheld, and lo another [beast (the third)] like a leopard ...” (a Leopard needs a Leopard's head.)
The seven-headed beast Yahuwchanon saw rise out of the sea exhibits seven symbolic heads; one for each empire that persecuted Elohiym's people, beginning from Daniy'el's Babylon to the end of the world. Again, the composite beast can rule through only one of the seven heads (or empires) through any particular period in history. Daniy'el 7:7 “...and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth ...” Though not mentioned as such by Yahuwchanon in Revelation 13, the fourth symbolic head is Pagan Rome by context from Daniy'el 7:4-7.
(3) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
(4) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
The fifth symbolic “head” was the Papal Supremacy No. 1 (the little horn of Daniy'el 7 and 8). Its reign lasted from AD 538 until AD 1798. Then it was “as it were wounded to death” when Napoleon's General Berthier took the Pope prisoner. He died a prisoner, exiled in France.
The sixth symbolic “head” existed as the great empire that threatened to extend its reign over the whole Earth. It began as an extension of Napoleon's atheistic government, moved eastward and culminated in the USSR until it fell in 1989-1991. Daniy'el 11:36 “And the king [Napoleon] shall do according to his will;...and magnify himself above every Elohiym ['this is atheism'] ...” Daniy'el 11:38, 39 “... he [USSR communism] shall...honor the Elohiym of forces [the military]: and...39) a strange Elohiym [the state]...and shall divide the land for gain [into state communes]” Revelation 13:3 ...and his deadly wound was healed ...
In 1929, Mussolini of Italy signed a concordat, which restored full authority over Vatican City in Rome back to the Papacy, but complete healing will be when it is again able to persecute as it did in the medieval period.
“Concordat” — Is an agreement between a Pope and a sovereign or government for the regulation of ecclesiastical matters.” Websters Dictionary. (The “deadly wound” began to heal in 1929.)
(3) ...and all the world wondered [was astounded] after the beast.
Since 1929, the Pope's claim to “Moral Authority” has gained respect in many nations. But the “deadly wound” is not totally healed until all nations accept the Papacy as the world's ruling religious authority.
The Seventh Head of the composite beast is the healed fifth head papacy, with religious authority reinstated by the nations. Soon “all the world” [will] wonder after the Papacy when religious authority concerning spiritual matters is regained from the nations. Then the Papal reign as the Seventh Head can be “set up” or established.
Do not miss this important point: While the world wonders after the papacy's growing influence and power, they have deliberately ignored the fact that the papacy received its credentials, and power directly from Satan! (4) "And they worshiped the dragon [Satan] which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
(5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
(6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against YaHuWaH, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
“a mouth speaking” — “The “Speaking” of a nation is the legislative and judicial action of its authorities.” The Papacy is the “nation” or government that legislates Sunday laws that will bring about the persecution of Elohiym's people.
Daniy'el 8:23-24 “And in the latter times (last days) ...a king of fierce countenance...shall stand up...And shall destroy the mighty and holy people.”
Daniy'el 12:7 “...it shall be for a time, times and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter (shatter; crush) the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
“blasphemy” is defined by Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary as, “...the act of claiming the attributes of deity...”
Few Examples of Papal Blasphemies:
- “the holy father” — in place of — Elohiym the Father;
- “THE VICAR OF CHRIST” — in place of — The Ruach haQodesh (Holy Spirit).
- The Confessional, Forgiveness of sin — in place of — YaHuWshuaH haMashiach
“We hold upon this Earth the place of Almighty Elohiym.”
Pope Leo XIII in an encyclical letter. June 20, 1894.
- “For thou, [the Pope] art another Elohiym on Earth.” History of the Councils p. 220.
- “The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not merely a man, but as it were, Elohiym, and the Vicar of Elohiym.” Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca Vol. VI 438—442.
- “The Pope is not only a representative of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach but he is YaHuWshuaH haMashiach himself hidden under a veil of flesh ... ” The Catholic National, July 1895.
- “The Pope is the Supreme Judge...He is the vice-regent of Christ, who is not only a priest forever, but also King of Kings and Lord of Lords.” Vatican Council, p. 220
Back to Tab Top
Vision One Line 2 Prophetic Outline
The 1,260 Years! & The 1,260 Days
See “The Structure of Revelation” Chart. Chapter 12 begins this prophetic outline with war in heaven before creation and very quickly moves time forward to the final persecution of Elohiym's people. This time frame includes the historical persecution of 1260 years from AD 538 to AD 1798. Then it continues to move forward to the final persecution of 1260 literal days in the future with greater detail given in Chapter 13.
"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of YaHuWaH, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days".
Daniy'el 7:25: ... and they [Elohiym's people] shall be given into his [Papal Supremacy No. 1] hand until a time and times and the dividing of time [1260 literal years or a thousand two hundred and threescore (symbolic) days]. The hermeneutic Principle applicable here states: When a symbol is employed (such as “the woman”) in a text, the timeline in that text is also symbolic time. Using the year-day principle of interpretation in Numbers 14:34 and Yehezki'el 4:6, the 1260 symbolic days represent 1260 literal years. During the first Papal Reign, Elohiym's people “fled into the wilderness” for 1260 day-years from AD 538 to AD 1798.
"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his Angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his Angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the Earth, and his Angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our Elohiym, and the power of his Messiah: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our Elohiym day and night".
Verses 7-9 are an interpretation or detailed explanation of Revelation 12:3,4 where “the third part of the stars of heaven” representing a third of the heavenly Angels, joined Lucifer in his rebellion. They were expelled from heaven. Genesis 3:1 “Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field ...” Revelation 20:2 “...he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan and bound him a thousand years [a future incident] ...” Since the fall of man, Satan has constantly made accusations against Elohiym and His people. The issue Satan debates is whether sinners who have yielded to him can legally be delivered from sin and sinning by the sacrifice of Christ. The casting down of Satan as “the accuser of our brethren” was accomplished by the faultless life of Christ lived as one of us, and His dying the death we all deserve.
- And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
- Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the Earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
- And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the Earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
- And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
Leviticus 17:13-14 “...he shall even pour out the blood thereof...14) For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for [represents] the life...Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof ...” It was the sinless life of Christ that was sacrificed for sinners. The blood shed counted to represent the sinless life HE lived, which was sacrificed for repentant sinners. The last three trumpets of Revelation 9:1 through 11:15 are known as the three “woes”. Revelation 12:12 is inclusive of these 5th, 6th and 7th trumpet-Plagues in the First Major Line of Prophecy. Verse 13 begins a second persecution of “the very last of the woman's seed (her truly converted people)” termed, the remnant. Exodus 19:4 reminds us that, "Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself". Daniy'el 12:7 - And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river...that it shall be for a time, times, and a half [1260 literal days]; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter [to dash to pieces] the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
Please notice that the event described by Daniy'el 12:7, the 1,260 literal days of persecution culminating in a Universal Death Sentence, is the same event described here in Revelation 12:14. But YaHuWaH assures us that it will be intense, but we shall be hid in the 'wilderness' for 'a time, and times, and half a time'. A time is simply the prophetic term meaning a biblical year of 360 days, of 30 days each month. A time is a 'literal year' of 360 literal days.
- And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
- And the Earth helped the woman, and the Earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
- And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of YaHuWaH, and have the testimony of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach.
In YeshaYahuw 59:19, we read, "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of YaHuWaH shall lift up a standard against him [the Dragon-Satan.]". This “war” is the persecution of 1260 literal days in Daniy'el 12:7. The same persecution is also mentioned in Revelation 11:2, 3 and Revelation 13:5, 7.
Daniy'el 12:7 “...it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter [shatter and crush] the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.”
An Hermeneutic Principle states that: “the language of the Bible should be explained according to its obvious [literal] meaning, unless a symbol or figure is employed.” The “time, times and a half” in Daniy'el 12:7 above declare a 1260-day period of literal 24-hour days when the dragon is permitted to sponsor a final persecution against the last generation of Elohiym's people. Then “all these things shall be finished” (Daniy'el 12:7). At last “the figurative woman” of Revelation Chapter 12 is freed from further persecution by the dragon or Satan. There is no figurative language in Daniy'el Chapters 11 or 12. There are no horns, no beasts, no eyes or dragons or figurative woman or any such symbol in these two chapters. Therefore, by sound hermeneutic principle, time reckonings in these two Chapters should be in terms of literal time.
Chapter 13 Continues the Outline
- And it was given unto him to make war with the Saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
- And all that dwell upon the Earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- If any man have an ear, let him hear.
- He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the Saints.
See “The Structure of Revelation Chart” again please. The 1260 day-years of Revelation 12:6 are equated with the 42 months in Chapter 13 in reference to the medieval era. The Fifth Vision begins in Revelation 12 with the rebellion of Satan in heaven, and moves rapidly forward through historical events.
Chapter 12 also describes the persecution that will be carried on against the final remnant. The “dragon and Satan” hates the woman mother Yerushalayim (“mother of us all”), and her children. Chapter 13 :1-10 addresses the persecutors of the past, but also in verses 2-7 gives an outline of events in their order and focuses on the endtime persecutor of the last generation.
The term, “Prophetic Outline” covers all events in which the prophecies of Daniy'el and Revelation are matched to historical events, past, present, and future. This process is known as “Historicism.” The word “historical”, in our context therefore, is not limited to past events, but extends to all events predicted in prophecy that have happened and will happen.
The First Application of the 42 Months
The symbolic language in Revelation 13:2 of the “beast, heads and horns” provides a symbolic context so that the 42 months in verse 5 was correctly understood as symbolic time to be interpreted by the “year-day” principle of Yehezki'el 4:6: “I have appointed thee each [symbolic] day for a [literal] year” and it referred to the first Papal Supremacy over Europe. But Revelation 13:2-7 also furnishes an outline of events in their order beginning in 1798, into our day and includes the 42 months as literal time, that will occur after the “wound is healed” and the second Papal reign established. Verse 7 then includes “all that dwell on the Earth” (not just Europe).
In Revelation 13:3-8 there is that valid literal context consisting of a series of events in their order that places the 42 literal months in a future setting. Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, defines “continue” as to, PROLONG, to resume an activity after an interruption.
Context, as is often said, IS KING. There are two kinds of context which surround the 42 month timeline of Revelation 13:5. The first application depends on the symbolic language context, but there is also the context of an outline of events. (Look below). In Revelation 13:3-8 the outline of events places the 42 months also in a future setting. A verse of Scripture can be correctly applied only when kept in context. There are various kinds of context: language (symbolic or literal) outlines of events in sequential order, historical settings, and various others.
Revelation 12:17 and 13:7, make very clear that there is serious trouble ahead for YaHuWaH's people. For it is given into the adversary's hand to persecute and to overcome us. It should therefore be of no surprise to any Saint that we shall experience this. If we don't, how then shall the Scriptures be fulfilled? It should also be abundantly clear that on which side we shall be found shall be decided by our decision or otherwise, to worship Satan through the Beast! When the Gregorian Calendar shall be made the sole Calendar for the world, and the First day of their week made the only day of worship, those who resist shall be marked for death! But they shall be those whose names are in the Lamb's Book of life. May your name be there, beloved.
But we need make no mistake about this: The table will be turned. The hunter shall become prey! The noose that Haman set up for Mordecai hosted his own neck! So shall it be with those who would persecute the children of Elohiym. May you and all yours be found on YaHuWaH's side then. Amein.
The Lamb-Horned Beast
- And I beheld another beast coming up out of the Earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
- And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the Earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
- And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the Earth in the sight of men,
- And deceiveth them that dwell on the Earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the Earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
- And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
- And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
- And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
- Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
“ANOTHER BEAST” of Revelation 13:11-18
(Identifying Characteristics of the Lamb-Horned Beast)
- The United States began its rise to strength and prominence in 1776, just before the Fifth Head of the leopard-like beast (Papal Supremacy No. 1) was taken into captivity in 1798 by Napoleon, and the Pope imprisoned.
- The United States arose in the New World: “coming up out of the virgin Earth”, instead of the restless and troubled sea of established nations.
- The United States arose and grew up like a tender plant, gradually and peacefully. Before the end-time events, which scripture details will end the history of our present world, this beast (nation which will affect Elohiym's people) appears to be youthful, gentle and essentially innocent.
- Republicanism and Protestantism are the secret of the United States' great power and strength, which is represented by its two horns. Both horns are uncrowned, representing a government without a king, a church without a pope, and the power of government residing with the people.
- The United States has become the leading nation on Earth, and blessed wonderfully by Elohiym. It has been a great bulwark against papal intolerance and religious persecution. Scripture implies that the United States will support the Papacy's spirit of religious intolerance and persecution in the near future; and “speaks as a Dragon” to implement dictates of the Seventh Head Papacy.
- Scripture also indicates that the United States becomes directly involved with the legislation and enforcement of religious laws throughout the world.
When the United States “speaks” “as a dragon”, promulgating religious laws, that legislative action means that it has united Church and State. Then the Revelation 13:1-10 leopard-like beast uses another beast (the United States) to enforce its decrees against the people of Elohiym.
Another “Beast” of Revelation 13:11 is not a “head” on the leopard-like beast of Revelation 13:1-10. The seven heads of the leopard-like beast of Revelation 13:1-10 (of Europe and Asia) represents empires in the old world, but the beast of Revelation 13:11 (the United States) is in the new world.
When Napoleon's General Berthier took the Pope prisoner in 1798, Protestants in Europe and America saw that the Daniy'el 7:25 timeline prophecy had been fulfilled. Just at that point, the prophecy turns attention to the young nation that was already quietly developing in the “new world”. That nation gained independence from England, July 4, 1776. The “fifth head” empire or papal reign ended when Napoleon's General Berthier took the Pope prisoner in 1798. But that “Deadly Wound” began healing in 1929 when Italy ceded Vatican City back to the Papacy.
The founders of the United States are quoted to have proclaimed that they intended to fashion “a nation without a king” and “a church without a Pope”. There was resolve that permanent safeguards be put in place for ensuring that no person, nor any political or religious entity, might gain power to obtain control over the people.
The two lamb-like horns symbolize the principle that; state matters and religious matters must be kept separate, and that neither can lawfully meddle in the legitimate business of the other (separation between church and state). One horn is Republican type of government based on the right to have political freedom and freedom of expression. The other horn is based on Protestant principles of personal choice concerning political issues, affiliations and the reasonable endeavors of religious outreach.
The “speaking” of a nation is the action of its legislative and judicial authorities. When the USA speaks as a “Dragon” (Revelation 13:11), the prophetic implication is the legislating and enforcing of religious laws, and the persecution of those who refuse to conform. The prophecy states that these actions “causeth” (causes) the Earth (the whole world) and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast (The Papacy).
It must be kept in mind that the seventh head's reign on the leopard-like beast is a continuation of the same power as that of the fifth head first Papal supremacy (AD 538-1798). The seventh head's reign will mean that the deadly wound of the fifth head has become fully healed.
Those involved in witchcraft and the occult know that there will be fire from heaven. When asked by a London Times reporter in a July 17, 2003 interview, with J. K. Rowling (author of the Harry Potter Books) she was asked how she felt about some Natsariym (Christian) reviewer's concerns. Rowling responded, “I think it's absolute rubbish to protest children's books on the grounds that they are luring children to Satan. People should be praising them for that! These books guide children to an understanding that the weak, idiotic Son of Elohiym is a living hoax who will be humiliated when the rain of fire comes...while we, his [Satan's] faithful servants, laugh and cavort in victory.” Bible Explorations Newsletter, August 2003 Issue, page 4. MattithYahuw 24:24.: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect
The “image to the beast” refers to persecutions that will take place when there is a union of church and state, that result to those who will not for conscience's sake, conform to the laws of the church and the state in disobedience to Elohiym's laws. Verse 14 conveys the idea that the nations are informed that there is need that they should support Papal Law and (suggest) example for dealing with non-conformists, such as Elohiym's people who are determined to keep the Ten Commandments with its 4th command regarding the 7th day Sabbath. They must adopt policies and practices that parallel those of the Papacy concerning that kind of matter.
“He” in Revelation 13:15 refers to the Papacy described in Revelation 13:1-10. However, it is the Papacy as the Seventh Head reigning over a New World Order or One World Government. It is the healed 7th head on the “leopard beast.”
The legislation of a National Sunday Law in the United States of America is a signal that “national ruin” will follow shortly ..., a financial collapse. The nation will be helpless, as though “dead.” But “He” — the Papacy “had power to give life unto” it. The First Beast — The Papacy will have power to restore financial stability to the USA. But this resuscitation is not without a price! It is done only with the promise that it will “speak,” legislate and “cause,” or enforce certain legislation that those who do not worship according to the laws of the church and the state should be KILLED.” This is known as a Universal Death Decree.
When the protections of national statutory laws are withdrawn from those who honor the Law of Elohiym, prophecy indicates that in different lands, a simultaneous movement for the destruction of those people begins. As the time appointed in the decree of (Revelation 13:15) draws near, the wicked conspire to root out and destroy those people that refuse to disobey Elohiym's Law.Revelation 14:1 - "And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads".
New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Defines “mark” — as a ... stamp (as a badge of servitude) ... ” The “seal of Elohiym” is written in the foreheads of his people. ... They will “reflect the image of YaHuWshuaH fully.” The “Mark of authority of the Beast” is written in the hand by the work that is done or not done, and in the forehead where mental decisions are made. And the worshipers of the Beast can expect to also 'reflect the image of Satan fully".
Verse 17 - "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name".
Verse 18 - Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six .
Daniy'el 11:43: But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver...
Reportedly, the letters vicarius filii dei, were inscribed on the Pope's official priestly crown [tiara], which is now seldom worn. Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines “tiara” — as a 3-tiered crown worn by the Pope. The numeric value of this papal title is easy to calculate using the numeric values of Latin letters (Roman numerals):
The Greeks, and some other cultures, would add two numbers together when translating from other languages into Greek. For example: there were “duo” (2) + “decca” (10) disciples.
In the numbers 666, they would add the first two sixes together to get 12. The last 6, in Greek, is 6x10 or 60. Adding them together the number of the beast is that of 1260; the number of years the Papacy reigned between AD 538-1798, and the 1260 literal days of its future persecution. In the books of Daniy'el and Revelation, the number 1260 is expressed seven times as either “forty and two months” or “time, times, and an half”. The Pope's title “Vicar of Christ” is the English translation for the Latin title “VICARIUS FILII DEI”.
Before we go on to the Interlude in the Fifth Vision, we need to clarify the character and nature of two of the three beasts brought to view in the Vision, namely:
- The Great Red Dragon of Revelation 12
- The beast 'like unto a Leopard' of Revelation 13:2
We have dug fairly deep into the character and nature of the 'another beast', like unto a lamb, but which later 'spoke like a dragon' - the United States of America.
There are two symbolic beasts listed below. One beast is the “Great Red Dragon” of Revelation 12. The other symbolic beast is the composite beast “like unto a leopard” of Revelation 13:2. Both symbolic “beasts” have seven symbolic “heads.” which represent empires. However, the empires are not (exactly) the same.
Satan is the power behind both Beasts. Yet, the Great Red Dragon shows Satan himself attempting to wrest power and control from Elohiym directly. While the leopard-like beast represents him working mostly through human institutions and agencies. Notice that in one special case, he worked both directly and indirectly, in setting up the First Papal Reign. Now you can understand better that 'the Dragon gave him "THE BEAST", 'his power, seat, and great authority" Revelation 13:2. He seems to have succeeded, in that he has managed to get the whole world to abandon YaHuWaH's Calendar, His Feasts, His holy days and His worship! But before the end comes, 'every divine institution shall be restored'. Endeavor to be in it. We can now go on to see the Interlude of this Vision. We are now preparing for the enthronement of Papal Supremacy 2. Below is a chart highlighting the nature and character of the two papal reigns.Back to Tab Top
Vision Five, Line Two Interlude
The 144,000 At War
See “The Structure of Revelation Chart.” See Vision 5, and locate its “Interlude” that describes the witnessing work of the 144,000. Vision Five is one unit, consisting of chapters 12, 13 and 14. Chapter 12 introduces Satan and his work of persecution of Elohiym's people, past and future. Chapter 13 describes the persecutors of the past and reveals who they will be in the future. Chapter 14 brings to view the people of Elohiym, who have given a warning message to the world for over a century. Their message identifies the past and future persecutions and also the persecutors. Chapter 14 also refers to the very last generation of the righteous called “the 144,000”. The 144,000 repeat the same warning message with great power, just before probation closes and just before the seven last Plagues begin. This last message of mercy gathers in the “final harvest” and parts the righteous from the wicked. (Revelation 14:14-21)
- And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
- And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
- And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.
- These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto YaHuWaH and to the Lamb.
- And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of YaHuWaH.
Although Mount Sion, the New Yerushalayim is in heaven, at verse 1 the 144,000 are counted as residents there, but are still here on Earth. Yahuwchanon sees that the 144,000 are “with the Lamb” in that their eternal destiny is secure. They have been sealed and are assured of their heavenly home.
Hebrews 10:16-17 - "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith YaHuWaH, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds [or foreheads] will I write them; 17) And their sins and iniquities will I “remember” no more [all record and “memory” of such deleted]".
Revelation 7:2-3 “And I saw another Angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living Elohiym ... 3) Saying, 'Hurt not the Earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our Elohiym in their foreheads' [their minds].”
Revelation 1:15 ...and his voice as the sound of many waters. Revelation 15:3 “And they sing the song of Mosheh the servant of Elohiym [Elohiym's mighty working to liberate his people], and the song of the Lamb [that at last: a people living on the Earth are sealed and delivered from ever sinning again].
Timelines begin with “speaking voices” which can also be “thunder voices”, (which themselves are Legislative and Judicial actions). The Daniy'el 12 timelines begin with the great, and final test for all mankind. Through successful testing of their characters, the 144,000 are sealed when the judgment takes up the cases of the living.
Revelation 4:6 “...and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.” “...no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand which were redeemed from the Earth.” These are the only generation who live upon the Earth having been sealed and redeemed in the judgment prior to the Second Coming of Christ. These have been prepared by the Holy Spirit to live through the seven last Plagues without a Mediator. These are translated after the righteous dead are resurrected, never experiencing death.
Revelation 14:1 “...a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.”
Revelation 7:4 “...And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand ...”
The prophetic time of the above two scripture accounts is at, or just after the close of the Investigative Judgment of the living. At a time when according to YeshaYahuw 4:1 - "And in that day [the endtime] seven women [the complete number of fallen churches] shall take hold of one man [Christ], saying, We will eat [feed on] our own bread [interpretation of scripture], and wear our own apparel [spiritual covering]: only let us be called by thy name [Natsariym (Christian)], to take away our reproach".
The 144,000 are the “firstfruits unto Elohiym and to the Lamb.” These sealed living of the last generation reflect the image of Christ fully and live without a Mediator while yet in this present world. These attain to perfection of character by virtue of the “latter rain”; a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit, to prepare a people qualified to be translated directly from this present life unto eternal life. They never experience death.
Mount Zion, the heavenly New Yerushalayim is the place of all Saints forever. Yahuwchanon sees the 144,000 there standing with the Lamb, YaHuWshuaH haMashiach. A question may be asked: 'how did they make it?' They were sealed with the Seal of the living Elohiym. They were severely tried, sentenced to death, tortured, they stood up for their Savior. They preached the judgment-hour message even with death threat hanging over them. They were filled with the Latter Rain Holy Spirit, and empowered to go through the 'time of trouble', a time like no other in human history. They were judged and vindicated and sealed. Even while still on Earth, they were placed beyond the power of sin. Revelation 22:11. They lost every memory of all their sins even as their records in Heaven were clean. They never sinned in all their lives! What an experience! Finally, they never taste death but are translated at the last trump! The songs of their experience are songs that no one who did not pass through their experience can understand or sing. They have the character of YaHuWaH, having HIS Seal in their foreheads. The Law of YaHuWaH is printed in their hearts forever.
The 144000 are said to be free from defilement 'with women'. Blessed are you if you can avoid the defilement of the churches! For at this time, all the churches are corrupted as the Prophet YeshaYahuw said in chapter 4:1. They ate their own food, wore their own clothes and just took the name, 'Natsariym (Christian)'. But alas, the Judge said, being called 'Natsariym (Christian)' is not enough. The 144000 are virgins, faithful to the Lamb only. What about you? Who are you faithful to? To YaHuWaH, your Maker or to some other, human or institutions? Like them, may you be found without 'guile'. Amein.
The 3 Angels' Messages
- And I saw another Angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the Earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
- Saying with a loud voice, Fear YaHuWaH, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and Earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
- And there followed another Angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
- And the third Angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
- The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of YaHuWaH, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the set-apart Angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
- And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
- Here is the patience of the Saints: here are they that keep the commandments of YaHuWaH, and the faith of YaHuWshuaH.
- And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Master from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them.
Revelation 14:6-20 presents the final warning messages given in the end-time by Elohiym's remnant People (Revelation 12:17). Revelation 14:6-12 has been referred to as being “The Three Angels' Messages.” The Angels in Revelation 14:14-20 are harvesting Angels that reap converted souls from among the living on the Earth. They repeat the first three warning messages for all of the world during the time when the cases of the living are taken up in the investigative judgment. Then the judgment closes and the Angels with the trumpets are ready to sound. (See Visions 3 and 4 in the Revelation Structure Charts.). Angels do not preach the gospel. An "Angel" is a “messenger” that comes with a message. (Messengers can be spirits or humans. The messages are communicated by Spiritual Angels to be preached by human Angels like you and me). It is left to Elohiym's people to do the preaching.
The Message of the First Angel is the 'Everlasting Gospel'. And it is directed at the entire world. But recall that the Sound of the First Thunder Voice in 1844, the Judgment-Hour message went forth to much of the United States and parts of Europe and Africa, saying, “Fear Elohiym and Give Glory to Him [respect Him]. For the Hour of His Judgment is come [Has Begun In Heaven]. Worship Him That Made [as The Creator]."
The Seventh-day Adventist Church, inheriting the Commission from the Church of Philadelphia has, alone among all denominations, preached the on-going Judgment of the dead in Heaven. Requiring men and women every where to honor YaHuWaH and His holy Law. It is sad to note that as a result of the apostasy, the Adventist church has muted her voice. But the Message must reach every human being in the world in thunder tones. And so the Angel must therefore raise his voice. At the beginning of the Judgment, the records of the lives of the dead came in review and has been announced. When the judgment of the living begins, the entire world will also be warned in 'a loud voice'. It is for this reality that YaHuWaH is preparing the 144000 to undertake the challenge of the 'Loud Cry' in view of the failure of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! It was their honor to do this. But they, like the Jewish Church before them, turned down the offer. YaHuWaH who handed the gospel to 'gentiles' after the rejection by Yahuwdiym, has now handing the 'Everlasting Gospel' to the 144000.
The First AngelWebster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines this “fear” as profound reverence and Awe especially (honor or respect) toward Elohiym.
YaHuWaH by his Angel commanded us in Verse (7) Saying with a loud voice, Fear [respect] Elohiym, and give glory to him for the hour of his judgment is come:...
This is the same event described in Daniy'el 7:10:...the judgment was set, and the books were opened.and promised in Hebrews 9:27 “...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”
Please keep in mind beloved, that to 'fear Elohiym', is not to be 'afraid of Him! Far from it. Exodus 20:19-20 (RNKJV) is clear,
(19) And they said unto Mosheh, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not Elohiym speak with us, lest we die.
(20) And Mosheh said unto the people, Fear not: for Elohiym is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.
The Yahuwdiym, after the thunder, lightening and earthquake, pleaded with Mosheh the Servant of YaHuWaH not to make Elohiym to speak directly with them and with us any more, from terror. Mosheh sooted them by assuring them there was no need to be terrified but to show respect and hold YaHuWaH in awe, by not breaking His law. The sad part is that YaHuWaH heeded their plea and has not spoken directly with us again since then!
In any good court of justice, each case must be examined before a judgment is made. That is why, in heaven, the “books” of records are opened and investigated. YaHuWshuaH haMashiach is the lawyer or Advocate for those who ask to have their sins forgiven in His Name, and seek to be overcomers from sin.The Angel continued, (7)....and worship Him that made heaven, and Earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters
The Scripture clearly states in:
Exodus 31:15-18, "Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to YaHuWaH: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. [It is a perpetual covenant.]"
(17) It is a sign between me and the children of Yisra'el for ever: for in six days YaHuWaH made heaven and Earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
(18) And he gave unto Mosheh, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of Elohiym.
Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (9) Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: (10) But the seventh day is the Sabbath of YaHuWaH thy Elohiym: in it thou shalt do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: (11) For in six days YaHuWaH made heaven and Earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore YaHuWaH blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
(8) And there followed another Angel, [a second Angel] saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city ...
The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines “Babylon” — Word No. NT 897, Babel ('baw-bel'); as confusion; Babel (i.e. Babylon), - Babel, Babylon. In prophecy, Babylon is the symbolic name for all religions in all ages that have embraced confused and contradictory positions and beliefs. Such positions and beliefs are not in harmony with the Ten Commandment Law and the basic teachings of biblical scripture.
That they are fallen, can accept of only one meaning. They are no longer in YaHuWaH's thoughts, in the sense that they do no longer represent Him in any way. They no longer stand before Him! And He has no longer any commissions for them and can no longer work through, by or for them. Please separate people from the institutions. He cares for the people. But the institutions - religions, denominations, Churches, of whatever shape or form are of no relevance with Him anymore. All those in their communions are commanded to 'come out'. Revelation 18:4 and 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 (RNKJV)
(17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith YaHuWaH, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith YaHuWaH the Almighty.
Two Prophetic Cities | Religions
Why are we commanded to depart religion, church, denomination, synagogue, sect, cult etc. of our birth and of our fathers?(8) ... because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
The “wine” of Babylon is her false doctrines. Babylon deceives the nations to believe that “drinking of her wine” (incorporating her false doctrines into the political realm) will bring peace to the Earth. “Her fornication” is the illicit relationship with the “kings of the Earth” in a union of “church and state”. The Church should be married only to her Master. A church leaves her lawful spouse and commits spiritual fornication by influencing the state and seeking it's support. When Babylon finally attains influence over “all nations”, she will become completely fallen. (See Revelation 18).
Whereas, the “beast” symbol of Revelation 13 and 14 refers only to the Papacy, the “Babylon” symbol refers to all forms of apostate and false religion in all the world through all the centuries of time.
(9) And the third Angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image ...
The First Angel's Message is a warning to “Worship Elohiym as the Creator” on the seventh day of HIS Calendar. The Third Angel's Message warns against the Papal system that worships Satan on the first day of the week. (Verse 9, states that substituting the first day of the week in place of the seventh day Sabbath is made analogous to offering worship to the “beast” or Papal system. Indirect worship of the dragon!)(9) ...and receive his mark [badge of servitude] in his forehead [mind], or in his hand [his secular activities]. New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines “mark” — Word No. NT:5480, charagma (khar'-ag-mah); as, 'a scratch or etching', i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue):- graven, mark.
Observing the seventh day Sabbath, and pausing from ordinary business of life to keep it, is the sign that an individual has accepted the Sabbath's Originator's authority through willing worship.
Revelation, Chapter 14 presents six Angels. Then “another” Angel located in Revelation 18:1-4 gives added power to the messages of the first three warning Angels in Chapter 14. This Angel gives an even more pointed warning about Babylon and about her relationships with the world when the living must be judged. The “another” Angel of Revelation 18 reinforces the warning messages of the first three Angels in Chapter 14. He should be counted as the fourth of seven messengers or warning Angels in chapter 14.
And WHY are we commanded to avoid receiving the Mark of the Beast? It is because,
- (10) The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of Elohiym, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy Angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
- (11) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark [servitude] of his name [authority].
The wine (or doctrine) of the wrath of Elohiym is the “giving over” and “giving up” of individuals to control by the Satanic element they have persistently chosen.
Romans 1:18, 24, 26, 28, explains, “For the wrath of Elohiym is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness ... (24) Wherefore Elohiym gave them up to uncleanness ... (26) For this cause Elohiym gave them up unto vile affections ... (28)... Elohiym ...gave them over to a reprobate mind.
Revelation 15:1 “And saw...seven Angels having the seven last Plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of Elohiym.
(12) "Here is the patience of the Saints: here are they that keep the commandments of Elohiym, and the faith of YaHuWshuaH. (13) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Master from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them,
Revelation 22:14 adds, "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city".
And the Third Angel finishes by turning attention to the Obedient with great encouragement. He reminds us that we shall need 'patience', but victory is sure for ALL who obey YaHuWaH's Commandments and have the faith of YaHuWshuaH. Even those who shall be called upon to lay down there lives in the cause and course of the Loud Cry are blessed already and know it. So all fear is destroyed. Just a brief rest from our labors and assured that our deeds follow us. AmeinBack to tab Top
Harvesting Angels | Three Final Harvests
In the last verses of Revelation 14, we seem to see three additional Angels, reaping Angels, brought to view.
The Loud Cry
I saw Angels hurrying to and fro in heaven, descending to the Earth, and again ascending to heaven, preparing for the fulfillment of some important event. Then I saw another mighty Angel commissioned to descend to the Earth, to unite his voice with the Third Angel, and give power and force to his message. Great power and glory were imparted to the Angel, and as he descended, the Earth was lightened with his glory. The light which attended this Angel penetrated everywhere, as he cried mightily, with a strong voice, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird."
The message of the fall of Babylon, as given by the Second Angel, is repeated, with the additional mention of the corruptions which have been entering the churches since 1844. The work of this Angel comes in at the right time to join in the last great work of the Third Angel's message as it swells to a loud cry. And the people of Elohiym are thus prepared to stand in the hour of temptation, which they are soon to meet. I saw a great light resting upon them, and they united to fearlessly proclaim the Third Angel's message.
Angels were sent to aid the mighty Angel from heaven, and I heard voices which seemed to sound everywhere, "Come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her Plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and Elohiym hath remembered her iniquities." This message seemed to be an addition to the Third message, joining it as the midnight cry joined the second Angel's message in 1844. The glory of Elohiym rested upon the patient, waiting Saints, and they fearlessly gave the last solemn warning, proclaiming the fall of Babylon and calling upon Elohiym's people to come out of her that they might escape her fearful doom.
As is evident in the quote above from the Spirit of Prophecy, as we study the 'reaping Angels, we will do well to note that there are four of them and not just three. Because, the message of the Angel of Revelation 18:1-4 is given at the same time as those of the Third, Fifth and Sixth Angels, which causes the messages to swell into a 'Loud Cry'.
- And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
- And another Angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the Earth is ripe.
- And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the Earth; and the Earth was reaped.
- And another Angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
- And another Angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the Earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
- And the Angel thrust in his sickle into the Earth, and gathered the vine of the Earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of YaHuWaH.
- And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
See “The Structure of Revelation Chart”. Revelation 14:15-19 presents “End-time Events” that end Vision 5. (This period of time occurs within the Daniy'el 12 timelines.) Revelation 14:15-19 repeats the warning messages of the first three Angels of Revelation 14:6-10. The “three harvesting Angels” give warning messages that bring in the “final harvests” from among the living.
Daniy'el 7:10, 13 “...the judgment was set, and the books were opened.” 13) “...one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days ...” Daniy'el 7:14 “And there was given him dominion, [golden crown] and glory, and a kingdom ... ” "... and in his hand a sharp sickle."
The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines “sickle” — Word No. NT:1407, a gathering hook (especially for harvesting): sickle. The judgment process of the living is the ending work in the investigative judgment.
Revelation 18:1 says, "And after these things I saw another Angel come down from heaven, having great power [ability to explain with effect]:, and the Earth was lightened [enlightened i.e. (made to see) understand] with his glory [brilliant expose']."
The Missing Fourth Angel's Message for Chapter Fourteen, Revelation 18:2, And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird."
Three Angels' messages are brought to view in Revelation 14:6-12. However, three more Angels are brought to view in verses 15-20! In Biblical interpretation, it is important to be consistent. If the first three Angels, “crying with a loud voice”, brought to view in verses 6-12 represent messages given by men, then also the last three Angels who are “crying with a loud voice” or a “loud cry”, brought to view in verses 15-20, also represent messages given by men.
In Revelation 14 there are six Angels with messages. But in the book of Revelation the number seven represents completeness: seven churches, seven letters, seven stars, seven seals, seven trumpets, seven thunders, seven heads, seven Plagues, and it seems appropriate that there should be seven Angels' messages to make up the complete number of messages. The additional Angel's message is found in Revelation 18:1-5.
Revelation 14:8 And there followed another Angel, [the second] saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city [community of religions], because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
The warning message in the second Angel's message of (Revelation 14:8) that Babylon (false religion) is fallen has been given since 1844 when the Investigative Judgment began and the churches rejected the message. That warning is continuing to be given today. When Babylon, led by the papal power, prevails over the nations for enforcement of the papal Sabbath, the testing issue in the sealing of the living is in place. Then the Investigative Judgment can take up the cases of the living, who continue living after their cases are appropriately decided.
Angels 5, 6 and 7 harvest individuals from among the living. The warning Angel of Revelation 18 repeats the warning of the second Angel with greater power and effect. His warning prepares the world for the harvesting work of the fifth, sixth and seventh Angels. Therefore, his work fits him to be recognized as being the “fourth” of the seven Angels.
The Harvesting AngelsIn ancient Yisra'el there were three harvests:
The 5th Angel
- The Barley Harvest was first (in the spring) and was the smallest harvest in comparison to the other two harvests.
- The Wheat Harvest was second and was the largest harvest.
- The Grape Harvest was the third harvest in the fall of the year.
(15) And another Angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice [the Loud Cry] to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time [or the hour] is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the Earth is ripe [the last generation is ripe; ready for judgment of the living].
The original Greek words in Revelation 14:15 are the same as the words in Revelation 14:7. Verse 7 said, “the hour...is come”, and verse 15 says, “the time is come.” But in the Greek, they both say exactly the same thing. The only difference is that:
- The First Angel was announcing the Investigative Judgment, beginning with the cases of the dead (verse 7).
- The Fifth Angel of verse 15 is announcing that it is time for the Investigative Judgment to begin taking up the cases of the living.
(16) "And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the Earth; and the Earth was reaped".
- The barley harvest was the first harvest in Yisra'el. It occurred in late March or early April and was called the “firstfruits”. This was the smallest harvest of the Hebrew year.
- The 144,000 are called the “firstfruits” in Revelation 14:4. They are represented by the “barley harvest”.
- Elohiym seals His Sabbath keeping people “first”, when the Investigative Judgment for the living begins. This enables them to give the “loud voice” [Loud Cry] warning to come out of Babylon.
- The 144,000 are a small harvest compared to the wheat harvest who come out of Babylon.
Joel 3:13 - "Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe..."
The Sixth Angel
(17) And another Angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle The “Wheat Harvest” always followed the “Barley Harvest”. Therefore, the “another Angel” of verse 17 is reaping “another harvest”, and that is the wheat harvest.
- The second harvest was one of wheat, which was reaped about June.
- The Wheat Harvest represents those that come out of Babylon. Revelation 18:1-5.
- The Wheat Harvest is the larger of the two harvests.
- The “Loud Cry” gives complete fulfillment to the 2nd and 4th Angels' Messages, when the union of church and state is on a world wide scale.
The sixth Angel repeats the message of the second Angel saying, “Babylon is fallen “ (Revelation 14:8) and, “Come out of her my people.”
“for all nations have drunk ...” Revelation 18:1-3.
All three harvesting Angels give the “Loud Cry” with telling effect saying: “...Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird...come out of her my people ...” (Revelation 18:2, 4).
“Multitudes in the valley of decision ...” Yahuw'el 3:14.
The Seventh Angel
The Angels of Heaven Harvest the Wicked (The Grape Harvest)
Romans 12:19 said, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith YaHuWaH." Christ does not send his people to be his instruments for punishing the wicked. Rather, His people are always intended to be a blessing for the world, such as giving the “Loud Cry” warnings.
(18) And another Angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the Earth; for her grapes are fully ripe. “And the third Angel followed saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast ... he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone ...” (Revelation 14:9-10)
(19) And the Angel thrust in his sickle into the Earth, and gathered the vine of the Earth, and cast it into the great winepress [winevat] of the wrath of Elohiym.
(20) And the winepress [winevat] was trodden without the city, [the New Yerushalayim] and blood [life] came out of the winepress [wine-vat], even unto the horse's bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
Leviticus 17:14 states: “...for the life of all flesh is in the blood thereof...” Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines “Furlong” as a unit of distance equal to 220 yards.
Joel 3:13 prophesied, "Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great".
Revelation 20:9 finishes with this: "And they went up on the breadth of the Earth, and compassed the camp of the Saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from Elohiym out of heaven, and devoured them."
That, Friend, is the end of the Wicked and wickedness
The Great Controversy is the theme that explains all other themes in our realm. It describes the ferocious war fought over truth and lies, over right and wrong between YaHuWshuaH, the Truth and Satan, the great adversary and the father of lies. And it is manifested among the followers of YaHuWshuaH and the followers of Satan. The character of YaHuWaH our Creator is on display before heaven and Earth. And the issue is, is He fair? Is His manner of rule good? Should creation have laws or not? Elohiym says yes, the laws are for our good. Satan says no, the laws are arbitrary and unnecessary. Which is better? Elohiym's way or Satan's? For about 6,000 years, heaven and Earth have had the chance to decide on which side they wish to be. First with the Angels in Heaven. A third chose Satan and his lawlessness. Then with men. And how many will choose Satan? The on-going Judgment will reveal. But whatever you do beloved, remain on YaHuWshuaH's side. He is the King, the Judge and our Savior. He died for you. He is ready and able to declare you guiltless as has been manifested in His infinite dealings with Angels and humanity since eternity.Back to Tab Top