(Last modified: 3 months ago)
- "If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;"
- "Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head."
- "He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul."
- "And YaHuWaH spake unto Mosheh, saying,"
- "Speak unto the children of Yisra'el, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a Sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation."
- "Ye shall do no servile work therein: ..."
- "Because of the wrath of YaHuWaH it shall not be inhabited, but it shall be wholly desolate: every one that goeth by Babylon shall be astonished, and hiss at all her plagues."
- " And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven Angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of YaHuWaH."
- "And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of YaHuWaH, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven Angels were fulfilled. "
The Seven Last Plagues
Overview | "Second Major Line of Prophecy"
Revelation Chapters 12-22
When the third Angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the Earth. The people of Elohiym have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain", "the refreshing from the presence of YaHuWaH", and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in Heaven. An Angel returning from the Earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the Seal of the Living Elohiym." Then YaHuWshuaH ceases his intercession in the Sanctuary above. He lifts his hands, and with a loud voice says, "It is done;" and all the Angelic host lay off their crowns as he makes the solemn announcement: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11.) Every case has been decided for life or death. Mashiach has made the atonement for His people, and blotted out their sins. The number of his subjects is made up; "the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole Heaven", is about to be given to the heirs of salvation, and YaHuWshuaH is to reign as King of kings, and Master of masters.
When He leaves the Sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the Earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy Elohiym without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. Elohiym's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected his mercy, despised his love, and trampled upon his law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of Elohiym, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the Earth into one great, final trouble. As the Angels of Elohiym cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Yerushalayim of old.
"The First Major Line of Prophecy" in Revelation 1-11 (from the first Advent to the Second Advent) covered only about 2000 years, but 'The Second Major Line of Prophecy' in Revelation 12-22 covers more than 7000 years, stretching from Lucifer's rebellion in Heaven to his final destruction; the creation of new Heavens and a new Earth, and the establishment of the kingdom of Elohiym here on Earth. However, the six 'Interludes' that describe the sealing, the witnessing, and the vindication of the 144,000 are the same in both Major Lines of prophecy and can be matched together as in an overlay. These matching 'Interludes' in both the First and Second Major Lines of prophecies describe the Last Generation who will be sealed in the image of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach, so that they can go through the Seven Last Plagues unharmed, and live to see YaHuWshuaH come in the clouds of Heaven.
Also, in Chapter 15 in 'The Second Major Line of Prophecy', like Chapter 8, in 'The First Major Line of Prophecy' the 'Heavenly Scene' describes the Close of Probation. Then the following chapter(s) are 'Prophetic Outlines' or descriptions of the Seven Last Plagues and Trumpets. 'The Second Major Line of Prophecy' in Revelation 12-22 is the story of the Great Controversy between Mashiach and Satan, between good and evil. Most of the action is describing future events. These descriptions are not subject to speculation and private opinions, but are to be viewed as explanations of the basic prophecies brought to view in the book of Daniy'el. The same religio-political power (empire) or persecutor that is described in Daniy'el, is given further explanation in Revelation 12-22.
Whereas 'The First Major Line of Prophecy' in Revelation 1-11 uses Sanctuary typology to illustrate the work of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach on our behalf, 'The Second Major Line of Prophecy' in Revelation 12-22 uses symbolism. Not until these symbols are biblically interpreted, and correctly identified, will the texts in Revelation be understood. Only when the Bible is permitted to be its own interpreter, with human theory and assumptions discarded and ejected, will false and bizarre predictions fall away, and one clear picture emerge.
See the "Structure of Revelation" Chart above. Revelation chapters 15-18 make up the 2nd column of the second half of Revelation, from the left, which begins with a "Heavenly Scene" in Revelation 15. These events take place during the last year of Earth's history. Mashiach exchanges His 'Priestly Garments' for 'Garments of Vengeance', immediately then probation closes and smoke fills the temple. The mediation for sin will forever cease, and the cases of all of mankind are forever decided; to be among the redeemed, or to be among the lost.
Each vision in the lines of prophecies in Revelation are prefaced by a Heavenly scene. The Heavenly scene sets the theme and timing for all following actions in the Vision. In the Second Vision of the Second Line of Prophecies in Revelation, shown in the highlighted second column in the chart above, the Heavenly scene reveals seven Angels having vials filled with the 'wrath of Elohiym', described as the 'Seven Last Plagues'. But before the Plagues are unleashed, YaHuWshuaH has to complete the work of the Cleansing of the Heavenly Sanctuary, remove His Linen Kippur garments and put on His Kingly robe for the imminent trip to Earth.
- And I saw another sign in Heaven, great and marvelous, seven Angels having the seven last Plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of YaHuWaH .
- And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the Beast, and over his Image, and over his Mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of Elohiym.
- And they sing the song of Mosheh the servant of YaHuWaH, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, YaHuWaH El-Shaddai; just and true are thy ways, thou King of Saints.
- Who shall not fear thee, O Master, and glorify thy Name? for thou only art set-apart: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
- And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in Heaven was opened:
- And the seven Angels came out of the temple, having the seven Plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
- And one of the four Beasts gave unto the seven Angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of YaHuWaH, who liveth for ever and ever.
- And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of YaHuWaH, and from His power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven Plagues of the seven Angels were fulfilled.
Romans 1:18, 24, 26, 28; For the wrath of Elohiym is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men...(24) Wherefore Elohiym also gave them up ...(26) For this cause Elohiym gave them up unto vile affections...(28) ...Elohiym gave them over [to the master (Satan) whom they have decidedly chosen.] ... '
The seven last Plagues are a manifestation of the wrath of Elohiym: the giving of wicked persons over to the destiny they have chosen. In this process, the wicked are 'given up', 'given over' by Elohiym to Satan who then reveals his true destructive character.
- Apostate Roman Catholicism
- "Image of the Beast"
- The United States and apostate Protestantism
- 'of authority' (False Sabbath institution and worship)
- "Number of his name"
- "666" in Latin or "1260" in the Greek language
The 'song of Mosheh' celebrated the deliverance from Egyptian slavery after Yisra'el crossed the Red Sea. The 144,000 sing a new song of deliverance from the tyranny of sin.
Exodus 15:1-2, 6 'Then sang Mosheh and the children of Yisra'el this song unto YaHuWaH ...I will sing unto YaHuWaH, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and rider hath he thrown into the sea. (2) YaHuWaH is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation... and I will prepare Him an habitation; my father's Elohiym, and I will exalt him. (6) Thy right hand, O YaHuWaH, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O YaHuWaH, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.'
((4) Who shall not fear thee, O Master, and glorify thy Name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee for thy judgments are made manifest.
YeshaYahuw 66:23: And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith YaHuWaH.
The 'four Beasts', are the same ones Yahuwchanon had seen about the throne in Revelation 4:6 - "And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four Beasts ..."
When Smoke fills the Sanctuary, it is impossible for any one to remain there or enter there in. For almighty is the glory of YaHuWaH. "Exodus 40:34-35 - Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of YaHuWaH filled the tabernacle. And Mosheh was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of YaHuWaH filled the tabernacle.
1 Kings 8:10-11 And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of YaHuWaH, So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of YaHuWaH had filled the house of YaHuWaH."
"Literally no man including YaHuWshuaH will enter the temple while the smoke of Elohiym's glory and power fills the Sanctuary. Access to the mercy seat is forever closed. The time has come for the pouring out of the unmingled wrath of Elohiym" - M. G. Berry.
The 'Heavenly Scene' in Vision 6 is dealing with the Close of Probation. This scene sets the timing for the beginning of the first Plague in the Prophetic Outline of Vision 6. The first five Plagues are not universal occurrences throughout the whole world, but they are literal happenings.
- And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven Angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of YaHuWaH upon the Earth.
Return To Top
The Seven Last Plagues
First of Seven Last Plagues
The Outpouring of the Vials represent to Outline Part of the Vision. The Vials are basically bowls or some potable containers. And they contain nothing but the 'wrath of Elohiym.
(2) And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the Earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the Beast, and upon them which worshiped his Image.
The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines 'sore' as an 'ulcer'.
The Trumpets of Revelation Chapters 8-11 explain the causes whose effects are the Plagues in Revelation 16. The reference to 'hail and fire mingled with blood' in the First Trumpet has an inference to the 'sores' in the First Plague. The cause of the sores on men is likely connected with the hail and fire and that which is being 'burnt up' in the First Trumpet (Revelation 8:7). Additionally, the destruction includes the third part of the trees, which may be the tree types that can furnish food for man. Both the Plagues, and the Trumpets which cause them, are directed at men, as well as nature.
"Revelation 8:7 - The First Angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the Earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all the green grass was burnt up"
New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines 'grass' here, as 'herbage or vegetation; blade, grass, hay'.
Job 2:7: "So went Satan forth from the presence of YaHuWaH, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown".
As soon as restraints are removed, Satan attacks the bodies of men with the First Trumpet in an effort to distress the Saints. But the Saints have been sealed in the Investigative Judgment and are protected from any such attack. Therefore, only the wicked suffer in the resulting Plague of sores.
Second of Seven Last Plagues
(3) And the Second Angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
The Second Trumpet explains the cause of the Second Plague. The Second Trumpet may describe an extensive magma intrusion. 'Like a great mountain burning with fire cast [pushed up or over] into the sea' (ocean). There are three great oceans. An extensive, destructive event affecting one of the oceans, is prophesied to destroy one-third of the sea creatures and ships in the world.
Revelation 8:8-9 And the second Angel sounded, (his trumpet) and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
(9) And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. The Second and Third Plagues Affect Earth's Water Systems. It is the water on Earth, which makes it habitable. Earth's water systems create the weather system with its cooling rains and evaporating vapors. When oceans and rivers are affected, great drought and heat can be the result. In these Plagues, it is Satan's main objective to destroy Elohiym's people, but instead the damage falls upon the wicked and the Earth itself.
Third of Seven Last Plagues
- And the Third Angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
- And I heard the Angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O YaHuWaH, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus
- For they have shed the blood of Saints and Prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
- And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, YaHuWaH El-Shaddai, true and righteous are thy judgments.
The 'blood of a dead man' stinks! Plagues Two and Three likely inflict great inconvenience by interrupting travel and commerce, ruining drinking water, and altering the weather system. The Third Plague Results From the Third Trumpet Revelation 8:10-11 And the third (Third Trumpet) Angel sounded, and there fell a great star from Heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part [not universal] of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
Exodus 7:19 - And YaHuWaH spake unto Mosheh, Say unto Aharon, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone. The fifth Seal appeal to 'avenge our blood' (Revelation 6:9-10) leads directly into the blood judgments of these first three 'Trumpets-Plagues'.
Revelation 6:9-10 And when he had opened the fifth Seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of Elohiym, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Master, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the Earth?
(5) "And I heard the Angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Master, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
The Wicked are Given Blood to Drink Because It was Wicked People Who Shed the Blood of Elohiym's People (6) For they have shed the blood of Saints and Prophets... they are worthy"
the predicament that the wicked have blood to drink is declared appropriate for the kind of blood they have shed.
Fourth of Seven Last Plagues
(8) And the fourth Angel poured out his vial upon the Sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
(9) And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of Elohiym, which hath power over these Plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Fourth Plague | Effect Of Fourth Trumpet
In Revelation the seven Trumpets of the First Major Line of Prophecy cite the circumstances which precipitate the Plagues, which are described in the Second Line of Prophecy. In principle, the Trumpets describe causes and the Plagues describe the terrible effects upon the wicked.
Revelation 8:12 'And the fourth Angel sounded (fourth Trumpet), and the third part of the sun was smitten ...'
Revelation 9:20, 21 'And the rest of the men which were not killed by these Plagues (referring to the Trumpets) yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils... (21) Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.'
There is no repentance because probation has closed before the Plagues begin. In the above scripture (Revelation 9:20, 21), which is in the midst of the description of the Seven Trumpets, the prophet chooses to refer to their affect upon the wicked as 'these Plagues'.
Fifth of Seven Last Plagues
(10) And the fifth Angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the Beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
(11) And blasphemed the Elohiym of Heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
The Fifth Plague Also Results From the Fourth Trumpet
The 'seat of the Beast' is known as 'The See' or 'The Papal See.' It is called 'The Holy See' and likened to the throne room of a king.
Revelation 8:12 And the fourth Angel (fourth trumpet) sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
' ... a third part of the night,' is 1⁄3 of 12 or 4 hours. 'A third part' of the day is 1⁄3 of 12 or 4 hours. Altogether the total is 8 hours. This strange darkness will cover the Earth and even the so called 'Holy See' for 8 hours.
Revelation 9:20-21 - And the rest of the men which were not killed by these Plagues (Trumpet events) yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: (21) Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
Scripture indicates that the first Plague (pain from noisome [stinking] and grievous sores) continues through the Plagues that follow. The first five Plagues are written in literal language. During the first five Plagues the wicked will be in anguish: suffering from painful sores, being parched for water, being scorched with heat, and groping about in thick darkness. The people will look to religious and political leadership to find the cause of the Plagues and the remedy to stop them. If Satan could not destroy Elohiym's people by the first five Plagues, what will he do through religious and political leadership to get rid of them? Plagues 6 and 7 give the answer. Satan is unable to destroy the people of Elohiym in the first five Plagues. Also, he is restrained from inflicting the sores on them.
Psalm 91:10 - There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any Plague come nigh thy dwelling.
YeshaYahuw 33:16 - He shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
Sixth of Seven Last Plagues
Introduction to the Sixth Plague
The Sixth Plague is not merely another of a sequence, but is written in a different literary style and changes to the use of symbolic language. Biblical drama that contains dramatic action, has all the elements of a drama: characters, setting, and action which builds toward a climax. The setting of the Sixth Plague immediately calls attention to the symbolic 'river Euphrates', and to 'spiritual Babylon.' (Chapter 17 continues to explain more fully the judgment of Babylon the 'great whore', and Chapter 18 describes her fall.)
- And the sixth Angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
- And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon, and out of the mouth of the Beast, and out of the mouth of the False Prophet.
- For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the Earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of YaHuWaH the Almighty.
- Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
- And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
The Sixth Plague Results From the Fifth Trumpet
Yahuwchanon 7:38-39 'He that beleiveth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (39) But this spake he of the Spirit ...'
The River Euphrates ran through ancient Babylon. The city fell after the Medes and Persians dried up the river by digging a lake beside it. In the prophecy, ancient Babylon represents modern spiritual Babylon (the fallen religions of today). In the Sixth Plague the Holy Spirit is dried up, or withdrawn so that evil spirits can manipulate 'the kings of the Earth' to agree about a death decree against Elohiym's sealed people.
At the close of probation, the Holy Spirit is withdrawn or 'dried up' so that His work of drawing men to repentance and conversion is finished. Then, as the Plagues begin, the work of protection by restraint of the Holy Spirit is withdrawn from the wicked Plague by Plague. Restraint after restraint is removed from Satan and his evil Angels. By the end of the 5th Plague, the Earth is devastated. Then the next restraint is removed (as the restraints were removed one by one in the days of Job.) Under the sixth Plague, the restraint of the Holy Spirit is removed so that Satan can work directly on the kings of the Earth to gather them to legislate a death decree against Elohiym's people. The time period for the (effects of the) Fifth Trumpet is five Months. Revelation 9:5, 10.
'The east' refers to the direction from which Elohiym and YaHuWshuaH haMashiach sends His Messengers, and the direction from which the Second Coming of Mashiach occurs. But YaHuWshuaH will not come until Babylon has signed her own death warrant by legislating a death decree on Elohiym's people and seeking to put it into effect! This is how the 'way' is prepared for His Second Coming.
Revelation 7:2 'And I saw another Angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living Elohiym ...'
MattithYahuw 2:2 - Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Yahuwdiym? for we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him.
'The Gathering Action to the Battle of Armageddon'
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon (Satan, Spiritism) and out of the mouth of the Beast (the Papacy) and out of the mouth of the False Prophet (Protestantism).
And he (the papal Beast) had power to ... cause that as many as would not worship [obey and depend upon] the Image of the Beast (Protestant America) should be killed (A Universal Death Decree).
Frogs can be heard with their voices vibrating over the night air. But they are difficult to be seen. If one advances toward them, they quickly disappear into the water. This describes the action of evil spirits throughout Babylon. They are not seen but they continually agitate the kings of the Earth to accomplish Satan's purposes to enact a Death Decree.
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon, and out of the mouth of the Beast, and out of the mouth of the False Prophet. Revelation 16:14
'For they are the spirits of devils ... ' Revelation 9:1-3
- And the fifth Angel sounded, and I saw a star (Satan) fall from Heaven unto the Earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. (2) And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. (3) And there came out of the smoke locusts (representing evil Angels) upon the Earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the Earth have power.
The Fifth Trumpet (Revelation 9:1-3) reveals that Satan is permitted to bring his evil Angels out of the bottomless pit of invisibility. They behave 'as the scorpions' having power to administer stinging coercive pressure upon the wicked concerning the disposition of Elohiym's people.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon (the Devil and Satan), and out of the mouth of the Beast (Apostate Catholicism), and out of the mouth of the False Prophet (Apostate Protestantism).
Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan ... "
The term, 'out of the mouth of' indicates verbal agitation. The term depicts coordinated verbal support between Satan, Catholicism and Apostate Protestantism and Spiritism (the Occult) for dealing with the nations about Elohiym's people. The term , 'out of the mouth of' refers to verbal agitation.
Apostate Protestantism seeking to direct the kings of the Earth according to its faulty understandings of scripture is the False Prophet. The Three Fold Union of the Dragon (Satanism / Occultism), Catholicism , and Apostate Protestantism form the core of Babylon. The non Natsariym pagan religions of the world are a peripheral portion of the prophetically symbolic Babylon in scripture.
The first five Plagues result from natural disasters. Plagues Six and Seven involve political maneuvering by devilish elements to eliminate Elohiym's people. "spirits of devils going forth" ... The context set forth by verses 13, and 14 implies that out of the mouth of Satan, apostate Catholicism and apostate Protestantism, will come verbal pressures on the rulers and the peoples of the world. The objective of this pressure is to arrange for the final annihilation of Elohiym's people.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the Earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of Elohiym Almighty.
Current Examples of Devilish Miracles:
- Apparitions of Maryam world wide.
- Charismatic Tongues and Glossolalia.
- Charismatic Healings.
- New Age Channeling.
- 'Ecumenism's unification of religions world wide.
- After-death experiences.
'And there came out of the smoke locusts (evil Angels) upon the Earth ... (4) And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the Earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of Elohiym in their foreheads. (5) And to them (the evil Angels) it was given that they should not kill them (the wicked), but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.' Revelation 9:3-5
The duration of the sixth Plague is defined by the 5th Trumpet which states plainly that it takes 'five months' for the evil spirits to gather the kings of the Earth together to legislate the final Universal Death Decree.
This 'five month' period is mentioned twice in the fifth Trumpet, in verses 5 and 10. Revelation 18:8 declares that 'her Plagues shall come in one day.' The context of that time element is in reference to symbolic Babylon and is therefore symbolic time with the one symbolic day representing one year. That information is helpful in counting out the timing of final events of the last year of Earth's history.
'The battle of that great day of Elohiym Almighty' is the final confrontation between Mashiach and Satan. The 'final solution', dictated by Satan and Babylon, is disposing of Elohiym's people by killing them. This issue brings forth the Voice of Elohiym that delivers Elohiym's people under the seventh Plague.
The Kings of the Earth Being Gathered to Legislate a Death Decree
Revelation 9:7 - 'And the shapes of the locusts (evil Angels) were like unto horses prepared unto battle. (9) And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.'
Revelation 1:7,9 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the Earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amein.
To make further discussion of these crucial subjects meaningful, a few definitions are necessary, even as refreshers:
- Harmageddon ( pronounced 'harmag-ed-dohn'); of Hebrew origin; Armageddon (or Har-Meggiddon), a name: according to the New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.
har (har); a shortened form of a 'mountain' ... (sometimes used figuratively):
Megiddown (ZekarYahuw 12:11) (meg-id-done'); or Megiddow (meg-id-do') means, rendezvous; Megiddon or Megiddo, a place in Palestine.
The word 'Armageddon' describes a mount of confrontation between the righteous and the wicked. Armageddon is not a military battle engaged in by military forces of the nations. Additionally, Armageddon is not a battle between armies at a valley location in Palestine. In principle, 'Armageddon' is a 'coming rendezvous'. A brief and final meeting for confrontation between Elohiym's people, supported by the forces of Heaven; against the world's rulers (kings) plus Babylon (false religion in the world), supported by the forces of Satan. This confrontation brings about the Seventh Plague deliverance and the Second Coming of Mashiach.
A Commentary on the Sixth Plague
The sixth Plague happens very near the end of time. Only one more Plague follows shortly before YaHuWshuaH haMashiach appears in the clouds of Heaven. It is the final action of the wicked to defy the Elohiym of Heaven in aggressive moves against Elohiym's people.
The 'battle action of Armageddon' does not begin until Plague No. 7. The action in the sixth Plague is that of 'gathering together' the kings of the Earth to legislate and enforce a Universal Death Decree against Elohiym's people. The Trumpets reveal the facts that Satan's evil Angels are released en mass to accomplish this feat to annihilate Elohiym's people. (Revelation 9:11.)
When Satan was cast out of Heaven, he had no home. Deep space is not hospitable nor pleasant. He wanted an Earth he could call his own. Intelligent beings throughout the universe were not about to invite him in after the trouble he had caused in Heaven. He was desperate to get a place where he could establish his kingdom and rule over those who inhabit it. After Adam's fall in Eden, he has been seeking to get unanimous adoration and rule without opposition so that he can claim before the entire universe that he has won this Earth for his own with no human dissent and that it belongs to him for all eternity. But, time after time, he has been frustrated in that his desire to get unanimous support from humanity has failed. There have always been representatives of the Creator Elohiym who took their stand against him. Finally, under the sixth Plague, he determines to simply wipe out all of Elohiym's followers with a Universal Death Decree. (Revelation 13:15.)
As the Plagues begin to fall upon the Earth, Satan who 'deceives the whole world' (Revelation 12:9) throws the blame upon the Creator Elohiym of Heaven. Why is Elohiym so angry that He is pouring out the Plagues on the people? Because there are certain ones who are not willing to obey the laws of the church and of the state (that are contrary to the Laws of Elohiym!) Those very laws were established to enforce universal worship on the same day, to bring unity to the whole world, to firmly establish the New World Order but are not observed by seventh-day Sabbath keepers! What shall be done?
The kings of the Earth are responsible to keep law and order and are perplexed but driven by evil spirits to take action. It will finally be determined that it is better for a few to perish than for whole nations to be thrown into lawlessness, crime and disorder. Under these arguments, similar to those that were made at the trial of YaHuWshuaH, Sabbath law-keepers will be condemned to die.
The kings agree to carry out the Universal Death Decree worldwide. Legislation is passed. Then there is a certain waiting time for it to go into effect, spoken of as 'one hour' in Revelation 17:12. That symbolic 'one hour' in literal time is exactly 15 literal days. That time of waiting is one of exultation by the wicked, but the 'time of "Jacob's trouble" for the righteous as they cry to Elohiym for deliverance that comes at the beginning of the next (7th) Plague. That deliverance is known as 'The Voice of Elohiym.' (Revelation 16:17)
- And there came one of the seven Angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
- With whom the kings of the Earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the Earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
- So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored Beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
- And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
- And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY,
BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
ABOMINATIONS OF THE Earth
(1) Revelation 17 is additional detailed information on the events predicted in the 6th and 7th Plagues.
(2) Revelation 17 also coordinates all the interaction between the 'Dragon', the 'Beast' of Revelation 13 and the 'ten horns' or kings of the Earth.
(3) Chapter 17 reveals the very actions of Babylon by which she condemns herself to death.
According to the New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, 'whore' is the Word numbered, NT:4204, pronounced, 'porne' (por'-nay); meaning, a strumpet; figuratively, an idolater:- harlot, whore.Revelation 17:18
- And the woman which thou sawest is that great city (or Babylon), which reigneth over the kings of the Earth. Revelation 17:15
- And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth (are) peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. Beloved, be sure to note the following:
- The 'whore' sits on (has religious rule over), the multitudes and nations. Revelation 17 is a 'wrap-up' of all the symbolism between Revelation 12 and 20. The two graphics below reveal two symbolic women compared and contrasted. The pure woman of Revelation 12 is contrasted to the whore woman of Revelation 17.
- The 'whore' also sits 'upon a scarlet colored Beast' Revelation 17:3. She is not ruling over or guiding that Beast, but is riding on it. That is, being carried along or being supported by it and at the same time rules over the multitudes and nations with her false doctrines and confusion in regard to religion.
Revelation 17 is An Assembling of the Symbolisms In Revelation 12-22 To Reveal the Prophetic Details In the 6th and 7th Plagues
The Setting of Sixth Plague
(1) And there came one of the seven Angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
(2) With whom the kings of the Earth have committed fornication ... made illicit union ... and the inhabitants of the Earth (ordinary people) have been made drunk with the wine (doctrine) of her fornication.
The Scarlet colored Beast Is the Great Red Dragon of Revelation ... Who Was Cast Out of Heaven "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored Beast full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. Babylon (Counterfeit Religion) is supported By Satan himself ... and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored Beast ..." Revelation 16:14 - For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the Earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of Elohiym Almighty.
Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines 'fornication' as '...illicit intercourse...' and Scripture defines 'wine' in Deuteronomy 32:2, 14,31-33 in this way: 'My doctrine shall drop as the rain... (14) thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape (contrasted to) ... (31) our enemies ... (32) their vine is the vine of Sodom, and the fields of Gomorrah; their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter: (33) Their wine [doctrine] is the poison of dragons [Satan's evil spirits], and Revelation 12:3, 9 '... behold, a great red dragon...(9) that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world...was cast out into the Earth ...' Pure, true doctrine is likened to pure grape juice. False doctrine is as fermented wine. In the context of Verses 1 and 2, plus the definition above, fornication is illicit unions between churches (elements of Babylon) and the state. The 'woman' was sitting upon the Scarlet Beast. She was not guiding the 'scarlet Beast' (or Satan). Rather, she was being carried along, supported by Satan. Satan supports counterfeit religion.
A 'dragon' is a Beast. In Genesis 3, Satan is known as a 'serpent' (Beast) with forked tongue when he deceived Eve. In Revelation 12 he is known as a 'dragon' as he persecuted. In Revelation 17 he is a 'Beast' as symbolic 'Beasts' represent kings. In Revelation 17 he finally takes the role of a king as he personates the King of kings, YaHuWshuaH himself.
The Beast (the Dragon and Satan) that thou sawest was visible (in Heaven), and is not (not now visible); and shall ascend 'out of' the bottomless pit (become visible)...and go into perdition (eternal ruin and loss)... Satan's Impersonation of Mashiach As King of kings ...and they that dwell on the Earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold (gaze upon) the Beast [Satan] that was (visible), and is not (not now visible), and yet is (very active on the Earth today).
Yechezkiy'el 28:17 - Thine heart was lifted up (in Heaven) because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, (let you become visible) that they may BEHOLD (see) thee.
Revelation 9:11 - And they had a king over them, which was the Angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon (The DESTROYER or Satan). The 'bottomless pit' is the habitation or state of being for evil Angels including Satan now kept in an invisible dimension. (See Revelation 9:2, 3).
The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines 'perdition' in Word No. NT:684 apoleia (ap-o'-li-a); as, ruin or loss (physical, spiritual or eternal), damnable (-nation), destruction, die, perdition, perish, pernicious ways, waste. Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone ..."
Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines 'behold' as, 'to gaze upon'. Satan's crowning act, as an impostor, will be to appear 'visibly' as Mashiach, King of kings and Master of masters. This is called a 'impersonation' of Mashiach. 2 Corinthians 11:13-14 "... false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the Apostles of Mashiach. (14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light (permitted to become visible to mortals)."
(9) And here is the mind which hath wisdom [to recognize the shift in symbols]... TWO Separate Symbols ...The seven heads are seven mountains, (empires), on which the woman sitteth. (Interpreted as 'kings' With their kingdoms or empires) (10.) And there are seven kings, with their kingdoms or empires. The Prophecy student must recognize the Shift From the Symbolic 'Dragon-Beast' of Revelation 17:8 representing Satan, to the Symbolic 'Composite-Beast' of Revelation 17:9, representing Seven Empires Revelation 17:9 shifts from the dragon Beast or Satan to the leopard-like Beast of the seven empires in Revelation 13. Daniy'el 2:35 - "...and the stone (Mashiach's Second Coming) that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole Earth." The symbolic "seven heads" or "seven mountains" refer to seven consecutive empires beginning with the Babylonian Empire. The seven mountains are not the seven hills on which the city of Rome stands. In their order, Satan, through the woman (Babylon), uses these seven empires on the leopard-like Beast to persecute Elohiym's people and disrupt their work through to the end of time. False religion (the woman Babylon) is described as sitting on (influencing) each head - mountain - empire of the composite Beast (above) through it's period of rule.
In prophetic Scripture, the terms 'king', 'head' and 'empire' can be interchangeable. A symbolic Triplet, the "Triplet" of three different symbols: Seven Heads, Seven Mountains, and Seven Kings, all refer to the same thing (seven empires). These seven empires, which rule separately in their historical order, are represented by the seven symbolic heads on the "composite leopard-like Beast of Revelation 13:1,2." It is important to remember that only one empire at a time is supported by the composite Beast. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Revelation 17:11 - Introduces another Shift in Symbolism from the symbolic "Composite-Beast" of Revelation 17:9,10 to the Symbolic "Dragon-Beast" in Revelation 17:11. "Composite Beast" now "Dragon Beast", a shift back to "Seven Empires" of Revelation 13: 1-10 representing "Satan". Revelation 20:7-10 - "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison (his confinement on this vacant Earth), (8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the Earth ... (9) ... And they compassed the camp of the Saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from Elohiym out of Heaven, and devoured them."
10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the Beast (the Papal system) and the False Prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever", as long as they last.
(3) So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman (religious Babylon) sit upon a scarlet colored Beast (the "Dragon and Satan") ... full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. Yahuwchanon 10:33 "... For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself Elohiym."
YeshaYahuw 14:12-14: How art thou fallen from Heaven, O Heylel, son of the morning! ... (13) For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into Heaven ... (14)... I will be like the most High. A 'head' in bible prophecy represents a king and his empire.
Daniy'el speaking to Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Babylonian empire: "...Thou, O king, art this head of gold." (Daniy'el 2:38)
MattithYahuw 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of Heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. The "figurative language" of MattithYahuw 25 reveals that the number "ten" represents all Natsarenes of all ages. The "Ten Horns" here, represents all the kings that Satan has used through all the ages.
(4) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornications: YeshaYahuw 1:18 "...though your sins be as scarlet...though they be red like crimson (representing sin) ...".
Vision Six Interlude
Revelation 18:1-5 relates the message of the 144,000 as they witness to all in Babylon just before the Close of Probation, and just prior to the Seven Last Plagues. This is a repeat of the Second, Third, and Fourth Angel's messages in Revelation 14 and is also known as the "sixth" Angel's Loud Cry Message. It is the Last Call to "come out of Babylon".
For over a century, the "remnant" people of Revelation 12:17 have faithfully given the three Angels' messages. But as the Last Generation find themselves in final crisis, they will begin to give the "Loud Cry" warning message of the Angels of Revelation 18:1-4 and the final harvesting messages of the last three Angels of Revelation 14:14-20. The last three harvesting Angels of Revelation 14 also repeat the first three Angels' messages with special emphasis on the timelines of Daniy'el 12 as they go in Thunderous Voices to all the world as revealed by Revelation 10. The 144,000 Warn Babylon repeating the Three Angels' Warnings now Swelling into the "Loud Cry" and Lightens the Earth with the Glory of Elohiym's Truth
Revelation 18:1 - "And after these things I saw 'another Angel' come down from Heaven, having great power; and the Earth was lightened with his glory". The "another Angel" of Revelation 18 is the Fourth Angel in Revelation 14 which gives great power to the Third Angel's Message of Revelation 14:9-12. The Fourth Angel also repeats the Second Angel's Message of Revelation 14:8 Verse 2: And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen ..." The 2nd Angel's message is "Babylon is fallen." The 4th Angel of Revelation 18:1-4 amplifies all three Angels' messages. The 6th Angel's reaping message is "Come out of her, (Babylon), my people, that ye be not partakers of her Plagues." Verse 2 ... and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
This Prophecy Will Not Be Fulfilled Until All Nations Have Endorsed the Doctrines of Babylon Verse 3: For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the Earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the Earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. The Call To "Come Out of Her" Is a Warning About the Seven Last Plagues. Verse 4: And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her Plagues.
The lawless stance of modern Babylon invites all manner of evil into her religious bodies. Babylon's willful compromise of proven doctrines, condoning of improper sexual practices, use of alcohol and the like, reveal her fallen condition. The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines the Greek word translated "come" - Word No. NT:1831 exerchomai (ex-er'-khomahee); as, come (forth, out), depart (out of), escape, get out, go (abroad, away, forth, out, thence), proceed (forth), spread abroad. . This Word (No. NT 1831) appears only once in Revelation. The definition implies "intense urgency" rather than an advisory.
Last of Seven Last Plagues
- And the seventh Angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of Heaven, from the throne, saying, "It Is Done".
- And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great Earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the Earth, so mighty an Earthquake, and so great.
- And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before YaHuWaH, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of HIS wrath.
- And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
- And there fell upon men a great hail out of Heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed Elohiym because of the Plague of the hail; for the Plague thereof was exceeding great.
Elohiym's People Delivered from the Universal Death Decree by The 'Voice of Elohiym'
The Seventh Plague Begins Like the Sixth Trumpet. The Seventh Plague is defined by the Sixth Trumpet and is also coordinated with the Sixth Seal and the Seventh Thunder Voice.
Revelation 9:13: And the sixth Angel sounded (his trumpet), and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden alter which is before Elohiym. This 'Voice of Elohiym' Is 'Thunder Voice' No. 6.
When the 'Voice of Elohiym' utters 'It Is Done' the persecution and tribulations of Elohiym's people will be forever ended. The 'Voice of Elohiym' occurrence is analogous to what is sometimes referred to as a coup-de-theatre and coup d'etat in the drama of a final crisis.
Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines 'coup-de-theatre' as a sudden sensational turn in a play; also, a sudden and dramatic turn of events'.
The same Dictionary defines 'coup d'etat' "as, stroke of state; a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics; especially the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group".
(18) And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great Earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the Earth, so mighty an Earthquake, and so great.
From Heaven's court and from the 'Jury' comes the 'Voices of Doom' that condemn and sentence the wicked to destruction.
Revelation 10:3, 6 '...seven Thunders uttered their voices.' (6) 'And (the Angel) sware by HIM that liveth forever and ever...that there should be time no longer.'
Trumpet Voice No. 7 Revelation 11:12, 13
'And they heard a great voice from Heaven (13) And the same hour was there a great 'Earthquake'.
Plague No. 7, Trumpet No. 6, and Seal No. 6 converge. It is all the same 'Earthquake'.
Seal No. 6 Revelation 6:12 'And I beheld when he had opened the sixth Seal, and, lo, there was a great 'Earthquake'.
And the great city (Spiritual Babylon) was divided into three parts Revelation 16:13
- And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon, and out of the mouth of the Beast, and out of the mouth of the False Prophet.
Babylon consists of three main parts. The Dragon, the Beast, and the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13). At the Voice of Elohiym, Babylon falls apart, three ways: politically, religiously, and physically.
It needs to be kept in mind at this point, that each of the separate vertical Visions in the Structure of Revelation Chart end with an End-time Event. The End-time Events for the three separate Visions, which present the Seven Seals, the Seven Trumpets, and the Seven last Plagues, all three converge during the final days just prior to the Second Coming of Mashiach.
... and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before Elohiym, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. Revelation 9:13-18
- "And the sixth Angel sounded (14)... which had the trumpet, (saying) Loose the four Angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. (15) And the four Angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year (a certain moment), for to slay the third part of men . (16) And the number of the army of the horsemen (of the wicked) were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them. (17) And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke sand brimstone. (18) By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths." Revelation 9:20,21 - And the rest of the men which were not killed by these Plagues (Trumpets) yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: (21) Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
It is at midnight that Elohiym manifests his power for the deliverance of His people. The sun follow in quick succession. The wicked look with terror and amazement upon the scene, while the righteous behold with solemn joy the tokens of their deliverance. Everything in nature seems turned out of its course. The streams cease to flow. Dark, heavy clouds come up, and clash against each other. In the midst of the angry Heavens is one clear space of indescribable glory, whence comes the voice of Elohiym like the sound of many waters, saying, "It is done." [Revelation 16:17,18.]
That voice shakes the Heavens and the Earth. There is a mighty Earthquake, "such as was not since men were upon the Earth, so mighty an Earthquake and so great." (Revelation 16:17,18). The firmament appears to open and shut. The glory from the throne of Elohiym seems flashing through. The mountains shake like a reed in the wind, and ragged rocks are scattered on every side. There is a roar as of a coming tempest. The sea is lashed into fury. There is heard the shriek of the hurricane, like the voice of demons upon a mission of destruction. The whole Earth heaves and swells like the waves of the sea. Its surface is breaking up. Its very foundations seem to be giving way. Mountain chains are sinking. Inhabited islands disappear. The seaports that have become like Sodom for wickedness, are swallowed up by the angry waters. Babylon the Great hath come in remembrance before Elohiym, "to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath." (Revelation 16:19,21). Great hailstones, every one "about the weight of a talent," are doing their work of destruction. The proudest cities of the Earth are laid low. lordly palaces, upon which the world's great men have lavished their wealth in order to glorify themselves, are crumbling to ruin before their eyes. Prison walls are rent asunder, and Elohiym's people, who have been held in bondage for their faith, are set free.
Graves are opened, and "many of them that sleep in the dust of the Earth" "awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." (Daniy'el 12:2). All who have died in the faith of the third Angel's message come forth from the tomb glorified, to hear Elohiym's covenant of peace with those who have kept His law. "They also which pierced Him," (Revelation 1:7). those that mocked and derided Mashiach's dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.
Thick clouds still cover the sky; yet the sun now and then breaks through, appearing like the avenging eye of YaHuWaH. Fierce lightnings leap from the Heavens, enveloping the Earth in a sheet of flame. Above the terrific roar of thunder, voices, mysterious and awful, declare the doom of the wicked. The words spoken are not comprehended by all; but they are distinctly understood by the false teachers. Those who a little before were so reckless, so boastful and defiant, so exultant in their cruelty to Elohiym's commandment-keeping people, are now overwhelmed with consternation, and shuddering in fear. Their wails are heard above the sound of the elements. Demons acknowledge the divinity of Mashiach, and tremble before his power, while men are supplicating for mercy, and groveling in abject terror.
The Setting of the Seventh Plague
- And the seventh Angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of Heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done".
- And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great Earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the Earth, so mighty an Earthquake, and so great.
- And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before Elohiym, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
- And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found
- And there fell upon men a great hail out of Heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed Elohiym because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.
- These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Master of masters, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
- And He saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
- And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the Beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
- For Elohiym hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the Beast, until the words of Elohiym shall be fulfilled.
- And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the Earth.
MattithYahuw 25:40 ...Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me. "These" (the ten kings with the Beast), legislating a Death Decree against the Saints, and using their kingly powers to enforce it, constitute making "war with the Lamb". The response of the Lamb in the battle is the "Voice of Elohiym" deliverance, which is the first action of the seventh Plague. The "Voice of Elohiym" is not mentioned in Chapter 17, but was brought to view as the first action of the seventh Plague in Revelation 16:17. It is by the "Voice of Elohiym" that "the Lamb shall overcome them". The "Voice of Elohiym" is not the same event as the Second Coming of Mashiach. It is the "Voice of Elohiym" that announces the day and hour of the Second Coming. After the "Voice of Elohiym" there are events regarding the fall of Babylon that occur before Mashiach comes for His people.
At the Voice of Elohiym Deliverance the Kings of the Earth recognize the meddling of False Religion for what it is and what it has done. This brings about the Fall of Babylon.
The 'Wrath of Elohiym' is defined by Romans 1:18, 24, 26, 28 in this manner: "For the 'wrath of Elohiym' is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. (24) Wherefore Elohiym...gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts ... (26) For this cause Elohiym gave them up unto vile affections ... (28) And even as they did not like to retain Elohiym in their knowledge, Elohiym gave them over to a reprobate mind ...".
The 'wrath of Elohiym' is giving the control and protection of persons, up and over to other elements whom they have chosen rather than Elohiym. In Verse 16 the rulers of the Earth expose Babylon's deceptions to the people and withdraw their protections from her. By withdrawal of her civil protection, they permit the irate people, now livid with anger because of her damning deceptions; to physically destroy her. This is termed her "burning" or her "consuming". The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defines the word translated "burn" - Word No. NT:2618 katakaio (kat-ak-ah'-eeo), as, to burn down (to the ground) i.e. consume wholly:- burn (up, utterly) and defines "destroy", Word No. OT:7843 shachath (shaw-khath') as, to decay, i.e. (causatively) ruin (literally or figuratively):-batter, cast off, corrupt (-er, thing), destroy (-er, -uction), lose, mar, perish, spill, spoiler, utterly, waste (-r).
Revelation 17:14-18 is an explanation. It defines the symbolism and explains the action in the outline of events in Revelation 17:1-14. In prophecy, the composite Beast in the posture of being "leopard like" and wearing one of the papal heads (head 5 or 7) is referred to as having a definite article, "The Beast." In verse 17 the papal Seventh Head is ruling on the Composite Beast and functioning politically as the leader of Babylon. The Seventh Head is the Papacy ruling in the posture of the "King of Fierce Countenance and Understanding Dark Sentences". Daniy'el 8:23-25, refers. "leopard like" is the habit of gaining power, influence and position by stealthy political means. Daniy'el 8:23, 24, 25 "...A king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. (24) ... and (he) shall destroy (ruin) the mighty and the holy people. (25)... but he shall be broken without hand (Not by any 'official' ruling or intervention)".
Revelation 18:5 - For her sins have reached unto Heaven, and Elohiym hath remembered her iniquities.
Revelation 18:6 - Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled "full" to her double. YirmeYahuw 51:63-64 "...when thou hast made an end of reading this book, thou shalt bind a stone to it, and cast it into the midst of Euphrates: (64) And thou shalt say, Thus shall (literal) Babylon sink, and shall not rise from the evil that I will bring upon her ...". YirmeYahuw 50:1, 15 "The word that YaHuWaH spake against (literal) Babylon... (15) Shout against her round about: she hath given her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are thrown down: for it is the vengeance of YaHuWaH: take vengeance upon her; as she hath done, do unto her".
Revelation 13:10 - He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword...
Scripture abounds with prophecies that have dual application for a situation at a later time. The verses cited above from Chapters 51 and then 50 in YirmeYahuw, apply directly for the Literal Babylon of the Chaldeans in Daniy'el's day. But they also have similar bearing for the case of the Spiritual Babylon of today.
Verse 7: How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
YeshaYahuw 47:8 - Therefore hear now this (literal Babylon), thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children.
Revelation 18:8 - Therefore shall her Plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire (be consumed wholly): for strong is YaHuWaH Elohiym who judgeth her.
Babylon is a symbol. Therefore the "one day" is in the symbolic context of "Babylon". Using The Year-day Principle of Numbers 14:34 and Yechezkiy'el 4:6 to interpret the symbolic "day" as one literal year; the Plagues occur in one literal year.
Details of the fall of Babylon may be enjoyed by reading from the Great Controversy88, by Ellen G. White, Chapters 40 and 41, titled, 'Elohiym's People Delivered', and 'Desolations of the Earth', respectively. A scholarly treatment of this apocalyptic event is in the book frequently referenced on this page, namely, Daniy'el and Revelation Together. But the final end of Sinners will come, in another one Thousand years at the Third Coming of YaHuWshuaH haMashiach. See Revelation 20. When HE brings down the New Yerushalayim and the Saints to their eternal inheritance - The Earth Made New